Friday, December 25, 2015

So this year I called a Half-halt.

                                   Station Road lit well as usual.

After the fall I had last Christmas morning that left me with cracked ribs and bruises I decided this year I would only venture around the Triangle Area to take my Early Christmas Morning pictures.
Maybe I will get up to Sixways and Hill Road on Boxing day.





Tried a shot here as I was not going up to the top of the town.
Works well I think it allows the light from Queens square to illuminate.






Tried a shot from the bottom of Marson Road.
Again look at the angles. Both of those path edges are straight lines.






The Triangle is always rather poorly lit.






Old Street is better the lens catches from Click, that was actually BEHIND the tripod to as far as the Heritage Estate Agents in the Triangle.






And this shot from a window of Heritage down to as far as the Sally-Ann
before doubling back to a little bit of 3Bs window.
I wish I could calculate the precise angle but rough reckoning says it must be around 230 degrees.

When I look at the angles and the way the 10-24mm Tamron has altered the straight lines of a path edge I can understand why I had to cancel some of the pix.
I was unable to swing the camera enough in spite of it being on a tripod.
I am at least getting into the idea though. Stand well back from the tripod and swing using the up and down lever to control. Remembering that you start with the camera viewing behind the tripod place. It finishes up behind too.
I started off around 6 because then the full street lights come back on but by 7 I was back home brewing an Irish Coffee. Traffic was starting to run and I had to cancel a shot or two so I decided to pack in for the day.
More than satisfied with the production of my Heating Allowance purchase. 


No comments: