Monday, February 12, 2018

                                                Yes…. Or…. N0

It’s quite simple really. Should a picture be sharp all over or not.
I had been taking pics on Walton Moor and wished to emphasise a gate and hedge in one of the thots,
I selected a fairly large aperture to allow  a quick fall of of the focus.
I was rather pleased with the result and pasted it onto my free picture websie on Morguefile.com
It would appear that others approved my treatment as almost 400 downloads and over 30 approval messages are now attached to it.
I was rather surprised when I put it on a public website to receive a slating because it was “Not sharp all over”

The idea in the first instance had been to keep the focus “off” in the distance by making the picture un-sharp.


No comments: