Monday, June 06, 2016

Once started who knows what will happen?

Curiosity is an odd thing, when once awakened we (or in particular I) never know where it will lead us.
Having looked this morning to see what my downloads were in Morguefile and finding 3 steam loco pix in the over 1,000 downloads I was left wondering  how my flower pix and insect pix were doing.
























Buddleia with a Tortoiseshell  806

Top of the list in Flowers was this one of a Tortoiseshell butterfly sipping nectar from budhliea flowers.  




















Groundsel 'clock' second with  756

This might well have been helped by the poem I had written when looking at the macro picture 
The song of the seeds.


We have gone; we have fled
out into the world we go;
we have left our home,
and we will wander
and roam, until we find
a new haven. Then we will 
in turn put forth a new generation.
People will curse us
they will say “Damned Weeds”;
but we know we are not damned
for we are the beauty
of nature and we too are
children of the Mother Goddess
as people themselves are.




























                    Third place was this shot of a rose: 728 downloads

This one was an early shot of a rose that was in Lindsay's flower and veg shop on Hill Road. Again one of my early digital pictures.

As far as Insects were concerned the Tortoise and Buddleia took first place again.



















                        This shot of a snail with 459 downloads was second

Taken whilst waiting for a steam loco as far as I can recall. Why did I take it? Why do people climb Mount Everest? Simply because it was there

                             Bumble Bee on a flower petal 429.

A simple shot but downloaded over 400 times by folk on Morguefile who wanted a picture. For what? I haven't the faintest idea; but they looked on the website and found one that suited them.
I hope it was useful to them. That is the main reason I put pix there. To be handy for folks who cannot supply their own shots or maybe don't even have a camera. 
My motto seems to be:---
"If I can help somebody as I go along; then I'll keep on snapping away"







No comments: