Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Mayflower for first time.

Went over to Keynsham for the "Cathedrals" run. Ex-LNER preserved loco Mayflower was running it. First time for me to see it in the area.












As it had worked so well with the Britannia at Yatton I decided to go for 3 sets.












1st was as it was coming into the station then at the mid-way point.












The 3rd was just as it was on its way out of the lens reach.
I was very surprised to find there was only about ten photographers there. I expect that Bath station was crowded. 
I had to manage with the Sony SLT A55 because the A77 is away at Jessops. I expect any day now I will be getting told an astronomical sum will be required to fix it.
While the A55 is OK it has a 24.3 pixel count like the A77 it doesn't have the higher speed taking ability. The best it can do is only 10 shots per second. Controls are placed differently too; makes it a job to search through to find them.
Still beggars can't be choosers can they.
I still haven't made up my mind about Trojan tomorrow. Will I go or not.

No comments: