Saturday, December 20, 2014


Some people might be wondering why there was a gap in activity on my blog.
The reason was I was busy transcribing census records for some of the villages around Clevedon (where I live)  and my time was taken up by typing in the record pages of various places. My niece Jane had copied over the detailed pages needed and I set them into the word files to make up the records. Later they were added to Microsoft Access to permit data searches. Some very interesting Info can be found via Access.
That is the reason for the posting of the page about 'short cuts' when typing data in Microsoft Word. It is possible to save a lot of time when using the word correction tools.
I have at the moment declared a stop of activity until after Christmas. 
I will mention at this point that both myself and Jane are willing to help folk searching for family history. We have posted what Church Register data we have on the Clevedon Civic Society website and are willing if we can to find details of family in North Somerset. 
We do have most parishes for the 1891 and 1901 census records for North Somerset U.K. and for close villages for the earlier ones.
Info is derek.lilly@btinternet.com

We now have the complete set of Kingston Seymour Parish from 1841 to 1901 set on access files and can if you want, send them as Email attachments. Tickenham will follow shortly.







No comments: