Sunday, June 15, 2014

Cookery Corner?



 Started to bake my own bread again. My old Morphy-Richards machine had broken down but I managed to get a used Russell/Hobbs on Ebay, at just over half price.
Downloaded a manual from Google and it contained recipes.
I altered their whole-meal recipe slightly.
200g Water, [1 Dessertspoon black treacle,] 1 Tablespoon milk powder, ¾ teaspoon salt, 2 teaspoons sugar, 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, 300g flour 50/50 Whole-meal and Strong White, ½ teaspoon yeast.
My addition in [ ] and vegetable oil instead of Olive oil.
                                                 
The black treacle gives a very slight flavour to the finished loaf. Nothing strong but a delicate addition.





























Now instead of 4 slices of brown “factory bread” in 2 sandwiches for breakfast, I have 3 slices of a delicious bread, 2 open slices, spread with my own recipe ‘pate’ made in the blender; the third as a treat spread with Cherry Jam. I had bought a mixer/blender set via Lidl's and I am putting it to plenty of use. £14 and one of the best buys I have made. 

Spread recipes?
One medium onion, skinned and quartered, 3 slices corned beef, 2 hard boiled eggs, broken up and put in the blender, and one dessert-spoonful of  Lidl’s Hamburger relish. added as a moistener. Switch on and mix until it becomes a soft pate.

One medium onion, approx 3 oz strong cheddar, 2 hard boiled eggs, a splash of salad cream

One medium onion, approx 3 oz. strong Cheddar, 3 small slices cooked ham, either Relish or cream to keep moist.

One medium Onion, 100g Morrison’s brawn, 2 slices Corned Beef, Hamburger relish.

The onions are good for health and the taste is not strong when other things are mixed with them 

Experiment . You can make ideal spreads for children's sandwiches for summer holiday trips, or as Tele-viewing snacks. 

No comments: