Tuesday, March 18, 2014


The Blackthorn blossom is out at last. For the past few years "Blackthorn Winter" has been getting a little later.
Normally I could count on the sight of it in mid February. Last year it was layte and this year again - Mid March? The old countrymen will be turning in their graves at the thought.
I must try to get up to Weston-in-Gordano an get some pix of the blackthorn hedge.

























I had my new 10 dioptre len arrive just in time. Used it on the 90mm Tamron macro lens.
Lord knows what happened to my original one. The last time I used it was out at mMud Lane after I had taken some steam train pix last year. Probably left on the car roof and went the way of all things. One thing about this new one is that it is most likely a better lens than my old one. 
I just hope that this coming summer is better than last year. I took very few flower shots then, that is why I did not miss the old dioptre lens. Until I looked last week and it was missing from the camera bag.





No comments: