Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Busy weekend, had a message from Carol Deacon to ask if I could cover the Memorial service and the Parade. She said she was doing Nailsea one and could not be in two places at the same time.
The British Legion Chairman Rob Campbell places the wreath at the memorial Service
I found the metal pillars a nuisance but managed by moving around a lot.
Decided to try a sweep pic to show the size of the crowd.
The folk attending on a fine sunny morning was greater than they had ever had before.
In the afternoon the car park at Salthouse was crammed full by two o;clock. Cars were going in and dropping off 90+ year olds and then having to go off to find a place to park. Old Church Road by the Garage corner with Elton road was streamed with cars all along the way to Victoria Road.
Avon Glen pipers were there to lead the parade.
The veterans preceded by the Legion banners.
I got a place by the old Poor House wall and took a series of pix.
Pipe Band, Veterans, Army Cadets, Air Cadets, St johns, Scouts, Cubs, Guides, Brownies, et all.
Contrast was high and I had to edit with Elements to reduce the highlights.
Took 18 of the service and posted 8 and 20 of the parade and posted 10 on Clevedon People, Flickr, and Morguefile.
I was told on Monday morning that the church was packed with people and they had to used the side chapel as well to contain the numbers.
Carol Deacon was pleased with it. I told her it took me back 50 years to when I used to freelance getting pix and stories for the Clevedon Mercury.
Job well done so i treated myself to a bottle of Ldl's rum on the way home.

No comments: